Sexual violence can happen to anyone; men, women and children. The effect that it has on people will vary and different people may feel the impact of assault at different times.
If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, either recently or in the past, there is confidential support available to you. You will not be forced to report the assault to the police but may be helped to do so if this is what you wish.
Solace Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARCs) provide local communities with a safe, discreet and caring environment to support victims of rape and sexual assault.
What can they do at the Solace Centre?
- Perform a forensic examination by a specialist forensic doctor
- Provide crisis support at your initial visit and arrange follow up appointments
- Provide telephone advice
- Provide independent advocacy and support with practical matters
- Introduce other support services, for example Rape Crisis and Victim Support
Solace Centre – Bicester 0800 970 9952
Solace Centre – Slough 0800 970 9952
For more information about Solace click here
Where can I get further support?
- Sexual Assault and Abuse Support Service – Aylesbury and MK 01296 719 772
- Freedom Programme (for any woman who is or has lived with domestic violence and wishes to make sense of her experience) 01296 437 777
- R-U-Safe? (working with young women under the age of 18 who are being sexually exploited) 01494 785552
- Survivors UK – Online helpline for men
- Thames Valley Police (non-emergency number) 101
- Victim Support for Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire 0300 1234 148
- Wycombe Rape Crisis 01494 462 222
- Wycombe Women’s Aid (offer support, information, advocacy and access to safe accommodation in Wycombe and other areas) 01494 461 367
Need to speak to someone?
If you need further advice, or if this page hasn’t answered your questions then get in contact with your local bSHaW Sexual Health Clinic for a friendly chat.
Call 0300 303 2880 to book an appointment or go to the home page to see all of our services.