The number of people diagnosed with HIV is falling, but there is still work to do
- Testing for HIV is still possible despite COVID-19 restrictions. You can test at home using HIV postal
and self-test kits. These are safe and confidential, and enable you to take a test at your own convenience.
- Anyone diagnosed with HIV in the UK can access free treatment and support.
- Testing for HIV is quick and easy, all it takes is a finger-prick test.
- People can live with HIV for a long time without any symptoms, testing is the only way to know your HIV status.
- If you have HIV, finding out means you can start treatment, stay healthy and avoid passing the virus
onto anyone else.
You can order kits from the links below;
Listen to bSHaW’s Nigel French on Wycombe Sound, use the listen again link here , its approx 30min in to the programme.