This outlines what to expect at the bSHaW sexual health clinics at the current time.
Booking the appointment
- Depending on your needs we will book you for a telephone consultation or directly into a face to face clinic.
- If you have been booked to receive a call from a doctor or nurse, we aim to call you the same working day. We can’t guarantee a fixed time so ask that you keep your phone with you. The number we call from will show as “withheld” or “number unknown” so please ensure your phone is able to receive this type of call.
- The doctor or nurse will identify themselves and confirm your identity and that you are free to speak, before asking some questions to assess your needs.
- If you need to come to clinic for tests or treatment you will be asked if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or recent contact with someone with COVID-19.
- We will book you into a convenient appointment. Please attend at the time agreed as we have to limit the number of people in clinic at any time to protect you and our staff and to enable us to thoroughly clean the clinic area between patients.
- When you arrive at the clinic please wear a face mask/covering. If you do not have one we will offer you a mask.
- At the entrance you will be asked some questions related to COVID-19. The staff member completing the checks will be dressed in personal protective equipment (PPE) of gloves, apron, eye protection and mask.
- If there is already someone already waiting to complete this process, please observe the 2 metre distancing guidance.
- Please wear your face mask/covering for the whole time you are in clinic.
- All your care will be completed by a Doctor or Nurse wearing PPE.
- If, during the assessment we think you have COVID-19, we will advise you not to enter clinic and instead visit the 111 website for further information. We will schedule you for a call in 8 days to check if your COVID-19 symptoms have resolved before rebooking an appointment.
Watch the video of one of our sexual health professionals at Brookside clinic explaining our clinic procedures during COVID-19