Wellbeing in Sexual Health (WISH) Training Tier 1
This course provides basic sexual health training for professionals in Buckinghamshire working with people in an education, health, youth work or care setting. It covers pregnancy options, contraception and STIs, relationships and sex education, sex and the law.
To be a C-Card site, Tier 1 training needs to be completed before Tier 2 can be achieved.
If you have attended a former Sex Matters Tier 1 or WISH Tier 1 course within the last 3 years, you do not need to attend this one as the content is the same. However if you attended a former Sex Matters Tier 1 course 3 years ago or more, you are advised to attend the WISH Tier 1 to update and refresh your sexual health knowledge.
- Develop skills required to have meaningful conversations with people about relationships and sex and empower people to achieve safe, consensual and healthy sex lives
- Identify elements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003
- Identify different methods of contraception and how they prevent pregnancy
- Identify the most common STIs and how to prevent them
- Gain information on local and national data, campaigns, services and initiatives