Skip to content

Your views are important to us! Please take a moment to complete our website survey Take the survey

Help and Advice for Parents and Carers

There is lots of good help and advice for parents and carers regarding sexual health and relationships on the internet.

  • Internet Matters is a national website for parents with one purpose: to keep children and young people safe in the digital world. This website has information and practical advice on a range of issues, including sexting, and online pornography.
  • The Sex Education Forum and the National Childrens Bureau (NCB) have produced an important report called “Heads or Tails? What young people are telling us about Sexual and Relationships Education”. Read this here.
  • Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (BSCP) – The Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board (BSCP) is a statutory body established under the Children Act 2004. It consists of senior representatives from the key agencies and bodies which have regular contact with children and young people or responsibility for services to them in Buckinghamshire. The BSCP’s website has a wealth of information for parents/guardians on keeping children safe and support services in Bucks. Check out their website here
  • CEOP’s Thinkuknow – The Child Exploitation & Online Protection (CEOP) Command is a command of the National Crime Agency working to cut serious and organised crime relating to online and offline child exploitation. Thinkuknow is a series of resources from  CEOP’s in house education programme aimed at Children, Young People, Parents, Carers & Professionals
  •  Barnardos – a national charity supporting children and families, read more here about how they provide support  and a programme called Real Love Rocks
  • Buckinghamshire Council Child Protection and Safeguarding report a concern
  • Parenting E-Course – Parents Against CSE (PACE)  have teamed up with the Safeguarding Children e-Academy to product a short (20-30 mins) online course, looking at understanding and identifying signs of CSE. To access this free resource for parents and carers, please click here.
  • If you are concerned about a child or young person, you should: call 999 if you think the child or young person is in immediate danger. call the local police on 101 if you think a crime has been committed against the child or young person , contact your local council if you think a child or young person is at risk or is being abused or neglected
  • For further safeguarding information,  click here 
Miscarriage Miscarriage
Child Sexual Exploitation Child Sexual Exploitation

Need to speak to someone

If you need further advice, or if this page hasn’t answered your questions then get in contact with your local bSHaW Sexual Health Clinic for a friendly chat.

Call 0300 303 2880 to book an appointment or use our service finder to locate your nearest clinic.
Service Finder